Jobs at Heritage College
Work at one of Calgary's top colleges
Heritage College is an inclusive workplace, and an equal opportunity employer. Our staff members come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are proud to celebrate our community’s diversity. What unites us all is a common dedication to our students. We accept applications from any and all qualified individuals.
Please note: all successful applicants must be able to pass a police criminal background check, as you will be working with students and their sensitive personal information.
Heritage College is currently looking for an instructor to work with our college in our Accounting & Payroll Administration Program.
Reporting to the Campus Director, the Accounting and Payroll Instructor is responsible for delivering key components of the program to students.
Applicants must believe in the power of sharing their knowledge and experiences to motivate others. A successful candidate will put students first and feel a passion for training tomorrow’s workforce.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach the Heritage College Accounting & Payroll curriculum using only pre-authorized and/or Heritage College materials
- Take part in our program review team and contribute to maintaining best practices and ensuring the continual improvement of the program
- Organize and be responsible for instructional materials
- Distribute and explain course outlines at the beginning of every course to every student
- Define daily objectives and begin each class with an overview of the daily lesson plan
- Distribute textbooks and materials at the beginning of the course
- Check inventory and order instructional supplies as needed
- Administer all assessments as a closed book exams (exceptions are noted on the specific course outlines e.g. FITT) and according to Heritage College guidelines and procedures
- Grade and check student work, projects, and quizzes in a timely fashion according to Heritage College guidelines
- Follow procedures for administering, recording grades, and filing assessments
- Mark student assignments and exams in a timely fashion and according to the rubrics provided
- Maintain attendance sheets accurately
- Set a professional example for students
- Assure that classrooms and labs are left in a clean and orderly fashion at end of class
- Allow every student the chance to evaluate the course and teaching methods using the student evaluation form at the end of every course
- Use the Classroom Observation Worksheet to guide teaching practices
- Provide the college director with an evaluation of each course taught
- Offer assistance to other faculty and staff as needed
- Cover all material for the week, in a condensed form if necessary to provide for holidays or professional days
- Participate in grad functions
- Attend faculty meetings and in-person training sessions
Qualifications and Education
Instructors/facilitators must have an appropriate combination of educational, occupational, and teaching experience as follows:
- A certificate, diploma or degree related to the accounting or finance
- A minimum of 24 months of occupational experience in the accounting or finance field
- Previous teaching experience is a must
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and/or database systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent teaching skills, including comfort with teaching online
- Excellent knowledge of accounting software, in particular Sage 50 and QuickBooks
- Classes will Be offered Friday evenings and weekends. Please don’t apply if you are not available during that time.
Please review the courses that we would like a successful Accounting & Payroll Administration instructor to teach:.
- Business Communications
- Human Resources
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Financial Accounting I
- Financial Accounting II
- Payroll Fundamentals – Employees’ Perspective
- Payroll Fundamentals – Employers’ Perspective
- Canadian Payroll Regulations
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018 & QuickBooks Online
- Sage50 2017
In anticipation of Heritage College’s relocation to our new campus, we have an exciting opportunity for a customer-focused salesperson to join our College Advisor Team. This role has the primary responsibility for developing new business revenue streams through the creation and implementation of new recruitment initiatives and the active prospecting of potential students.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Researching, prospecting and establishing leads via direct phone contact, off-site visits, networking, and regular attendance at College and community outreach events
- Touring students and presenting the advantages of attending Heritage College for their studies
- Qualify leads and developing progressive strategies to close new and existing business in a timely manner
- Cultivate and enhance relationships within the community to create awareness of the college
- Collaborate with internal College departments on partner-related opportunities
- Administrative duties and support as required
- Providing sales and product information on programs and offerings
- Maintaining records to contribute to the administrative functions of the campus
- Achieving monthly and annual sales targets
- Driving the recruitment efforts pertaining to admissions in the school to ensure that student enrolment is consistently filled
This is a results-driven position and compensation is commensurate with performance. To be successful in the position, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining, and demonstrating the following:
- 2-years diploma in professional sales training with a preference for a Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 1-year sales performance history with a preference in private post-secondary education recruitment agency
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Exceptional networking skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Above-average communication ability
- Professional and flexible attitude with a passion for helping others
- Ability to create and nurture relationships with customers through social selling
- Preference may be given to candidates with a second language fluency in Tagalog, Cantonese, Hindi or Punjabi.
- Clear Criminal Background.
- Must live within Calgary or the surrounding area
Heritage College is looking for a Distance Learning Coordinator to help drive our college’s digital transformation, and invites applications from qualified individuals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver (or enable the delivery of) training materials via live facilitation, online facilitation, or distributed/distance learning;
- Revise modes of assessment, such as tests and/or course evaluations, to measure the effectiveness of the course;
- Evaluate and improve training programs and materials as required;
- Create and integrate interactive elements into online and blended programs including graphics, audio, videos,
- Provide support to the instructional design team
- Deliver training/orientation sessions to new/existing students about how to use the LMS system
- Ensure lectures, lessons, exams and live sessions are updated on timely manner on LMS
- Assist with review of curriculum changes submitted by faculty
- Partner with the key business stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify training & development needs and solutions that align with the college’s objectives;
- Design, develop, revise, and maintain existing training programs as well as new programs and course development;
- Create supporting material and media (audio, video, simulations, role plays etc.);
- Develop or source training & development programs and materials;
- Assist with program budgeting and forecasting expenditures;
- Work within established training budget for assigned projects;
- Recommend cost-effective training plans and projects;
- Prepare training plans, including training objectives, budgets, deliverables and timeline;
- Maintain communication links at all levels through projects;
- Perform other various duties as required from time to time e.g. coordinating training logistics;
- Degree in Adult Education or related discipline; Masters of Distance Learning highly preferred.
- 3-5 years of training experience, including online course design, material development, and facilitation experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of adult distance learning principles in the development of training materials for a variety of delivery channels including eLearning, classroom, training the trainer, self-study, blended learning and web;
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-performing environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 applications, video editing an recording; knowledge of Vimeo an asset
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and/or Photoshop an asset
- Experience with Classe365 LMS an asset
- Experience in D2L, Blackboard, Google Classroom, or Moodle is highly preferred.
- Exceptional English oral and written communication skills
- Organized and has a keen eye for details
- Ability to work under short deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team as well as unsupervised
- Supports the mission and vision of the college
We offer competitive compensation, a fun work environment, and the opportunity to grow your career in a post-secondary institution that not only just cares about their students but also takes great care of their employees.