Jobs at Heritage College
Work at one of Calgary's top colleges
Heritage College is an inclusive workplace, and an equal opportunity employer. Our staff members come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are proud to celebrate our community’s diversity. What unites us all is a common dedication to our students. We accept applications from any and all qualified individuals.
Please note: all successful applicants must be able to pass a police criminal background check, as you will be working with students and their sensitive personal information.
Heritage College is currently looking for a program developer to work with our college in the development of a Veterinary Office Assistant Program. This position has the potential to become a regular instructional position pending the final approval of this program by provincial regulators.
Applicants must believe in the power of sharing their knowledge and experiences to motivate others. A successful candidate will put students first and feel a passion for training tomorrow’s workforce.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement a program outline, course materials, class schedules, modules, labs, exams, and all related required materials for launching a Veterinary Office Assistant certificate program according to Alberta’s regulatory requirements.
- Prepare, organize, and implement lesson plans using industry-standard educational approaches (multimedia, adult learning methodology) according to the required program schedule.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning modules
- Instruct and evaluate students, develop students’ skills, and encourage a positive learning environment according to the program schedule.
- Track student attendance, performance, and grades; report absenteeism to the Campus Administrator
- Ensure adherence to all safety standards and practices, including oversight, care, and maintenance of any equipment or materials used in the classroom.
- Observe and evaluate student’s work to determine progress, provide feedback and make suggestions for improvement; maintain accurate and complete records of student’s development.
- Establish and enforce classroom rules and procedures; instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Has to experience in building similar programs with other private career colleges.
- Ability to create a policy & procedure manual.
- Sound Knowledge of PHIA (Personal Health Information Act)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science, Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine or other related 4-year degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience teaching Veterinary Office Assistant, Veterinary Technician or higher for mature students in Canada.
- Must have experience in designing similar programs or courses and aware of Alberta workplace requirements and industry needs.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Previous curriculum design experience is required.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
In anticipation of Heritage College’s relocation to our new campus, we have an exciting opportunity for a customer-focused salesperson to join our College Advisor Team. This role has the primary responsibility for developing new business revenue streams through the creation and implementation of new recruitment initiatives and the active prospecting of potential students.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Researching, prospecting and establishing leads via direct phone contact, off-site visits, networking, and regular attendance at College and community outreach events
- Touring students and presenting the advantages of attending Heritage College for their studies
- Qualify leads and developing progressive strategies to close new and existing business in a timely manner
- Cultivate and enhance relationships within the community to create awareness of the college
- Collaborate with internal College departments on partner-related opportunities
- Administrative duties and support as required
- Providing sales and product information on programs and offerings
- Maintaining records to contribute to the administrative functions of the campus
- Achieving monthly and annual sales targets
- · Driving the recruitment efforts pertaining to admissions in the school to ensure that student enrolment is consistently filled
This is a results-driven position and compensation is commensurate with performance. To be successful in the position, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining, and demonstrating the following:
- 2-years diploma in professional sales training with a preference for a Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 1-year sales performance history with a preference in private post-secondary education recruitment agency
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Exceptional networking skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Above-average communication ability
- Professional and flexible attitude with a passion for helping others
- Ability to create and nurture relationships with customers through social selling
- Preference may be given to candidates with a second language fluency in Tagalog, Cantonese, Hindi or Punjabi.
- Clear Criminal Background.
- Must live within Calgary or the surrounding area