Jobs at Heritage College
Work at one of Calgary's top colleges
Heritage College is an inclusive workplace, and an equal opportunity employer. Our staff members come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are proud to celebrate our community’s diversity. What unites us all is a common dedication to our students. We accept applications from any and all qualified individuals.
Please note: all successful applicants must be able to pass a police criminal background check, as you will be working with students and their sensitive personal information.
Heritage college is looking to establish a contract with an expert desktop support technician to help our team and faculty with any IT needs, both in person and remotely. The right person should be knowledgeable of both hardware and Microsoft software, flexible, and willing to provide support as needed to our team and students. Please read the full post before you apply.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, maintain, troubleshoot and repair desktop computers and peripherals in all student, academic, administrative, and support areas of the college.
- Install and maintain Microsoft Office software on all workstations.
- Analyse user requirements for, and performs, hardware upgrades as needed.
- Install and configures hardware device drivers.
- Transfer data and possible hardware from existing computers to new systems. This involves a high degree of end-user interaction to understand specific employee needs.
- Use diagnostic programs to determine requirements for various PC components and systems, and carry out repairs and replacements as needed.
- Contact vendors to arrange warranty replacements or replacement parts exchange shipments.
- Install and configure Deepfreeze in computer labs and Anti-Virus software on staff and faculty workstations to ensure security of the endpoint environment.
- Assist in the definition, development and testing of College standards, policies and best practices
- Participate in maintaining a spare part inventory, and complete all paperwork required to maintain department technical files
- Participate in creating and maintaining departments software libraries, including utility programs, drivers, lab images, and technical notes
- Set up new stations and printers and connect them to the College network
- Set up and network computer labs with required medical software like Kroll and MedAccess EMR.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline from a recognized institution, or completion of a 2-year college diploma program in computer science or related discipline from an accredited post-secondary Institute of Technology
- Technical skills training and upgrading ongoing throughout career
- Trained, skilled, & experienced in managing computing hardware, operating systems and application software
- One year of directly related technology experience, including experience working with contractors and managing workflow, or an acceptable equivalent of education and experience
- Experience in providing guidance on standards, architecture, and best practices as they relate to the maintenance of a workplace computer network
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications, including set up and maintenance
- Knowledge of network set up and maintenance
- Willingness to keep current with knowledge and experience in rapidly changing fields of technology
- Must be able to apply a systemic, disciplined and analytical approach to planning, designing, testing, troubleshooting, and problem solving
- Ability to plan, implement and execute projects
- Work and communicate effectively at all levels (staff, faculty, administration, students and external partners)
- Expert use of office productivity software
- Ability to use digital multi-meter, network cable testers and various hand tools
- Ability to diagnose hardware faults in computer hardware and repair desktop and laptop hardware
- Ability to fix and install new security and surveillance cameras
Heritage College is a leading private career college in Calgary. We have been offering educational services to Calgarians since 2018. We are currently looking to hire a new Administrative Assistant and Fingerprint Technician to compliment our front-office team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer the telephone, handle customer and student inquires, and take detailed messages.
- Review, sort and priorite incoming e-mails, and taking action or responding to requests as needed.
- Arrange internal and external meetings, and booking appointments.
- Collect documents from clients and following up with clients as required.
- Photocopy, file and scan correspondence and documents.
- Arrange and monitoring couriers.
- Provide assistance to clients requesting criminal record information at the counter and by telephone.
- Perform fingerprinting work on persons that require security clearance (training will be provided).
- Collect processing fees, issue receipts and complete daily cash deposits.
- Perform other administrative tasks as may be required.
- Required to work on afternoon and weekends.
- Required to pass a fingerprinting-based RCMP criminal record check.
- Post-secondary education is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) are essential.
- Knowledge of a second language is desired. Specifically Hindi, Punjabi, Filipino, Chinese, French and Spanish are all beneficial for this position.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent technical skills including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Team player, yet ability to work independently.
- Flexibility to work overtime when required.
- Previous experience working in a professional services firm is an asset.
Heritage College is currently looking for a program developer to work with our college in the development of a Veterinary Office Assistant Program. This position has the potential to become a regular instructional position pending the final approval of this program by provincial regulators.
Applicants must believe in the power of sharing their knowledge and experiences to motivate others. A successful candidate will put students first and feel a passion for training tomorrow’s workforce.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement a program outline, course materials, class schedules, modules, labs, exams, and all related required materials for launching a Veterinary Office Assistant certificate program according to Alberta’s regulatory requirements.
- Prepare, organize, and implement lesson plans using industry-standard educational approaches (multimedia, adult learning methodology) according to the required program schedule.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning modules
- Instruct and evaluate students, develop students’ skills, and encourage a positive learning environment according to the program schedule.
- Track student attendance, performance, and grades; report absenteeism to the Campus Administrator
- Ensure adherence to all safety standards and practices, including oversight, care, and maintenance of any equipment or materials used in the classroom.
- Observe and evaluate student’s work to determine progress, provide feedback and make suggestions for improvement; maintain accurate and complete records of student’s development.
- Establish and enforce classroom rules and procedures; instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Has to experience in building similar programs with other private career colleges.
- Ability to create a policy & procedure manual.
- Sound Knowledge of PHIA (Personal Health Information Act)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science, Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine or other related 4-year degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience teaching Veterinary Office Assistant, Veterinary Technician or higher for mature students in Canada.
- Must have experience in designing similar programs or courses and aware of Alberta workplace requirements and industry needs.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Previous curriculum design experience is required.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.