Jobs at Heritage College
Work at one of Calgary's top colleges
Heritage College is an inclusive workplace, and an equal opportunity employer. Our staff members come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are proud to celebrate our community’s diversity. What unites us all is a common dedication to our students. We accept applications from any and all qualified individuals.
Please note: all successful applicants must be able to pass a police criminal background check, as you will be working with students and their sensitive personal information.
Heritage College is in search of a full-time Employment Adviser and Practicum Coordinator who possesses the motivation and dedication to achieve the College’s objectives of maintaining a strong student employment rate. If you have proficient computer skills, are adept at customer service, and are capable of handling multiple responsibilities, we encourage you to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide career guidance and resources to students and recent graduates, which includes assisting students in recognizing their strengths and employment obstacles, such as job search and career management skills.
- Recruit graduates in positions relevant to their field of study.
- Coordinate with prospective employers for practicum opportunities for program graduates.
- Prepare graduation and employment reports on a regular basis.
- Work on resume preparation, cover letters, job search strategies, and interview techniques.
- Create, formulate, and conduct workshops, as well as develop written and digital resources, along with training sessions focused on enhancing employment readiness.
- Manage a student career resource center, offering support to students in utilizing social media and providing guidance on strategies to access career information.
- Continuous research of employment trends within various sectors and industries.
- Offer guidance to program areas and their students regarding job search strategies aligned with these trends.
- Identifies and builds relationships with a wide range of employers in public and private sectors, recruitment agencies, and job centers.
- Provide regular statistical reports of day-to-day activities, outcomes, and results.
- Help in collecting data in market forecasting and employment opportunities for new programs.
- Assist the college team in other projects like graduation and marketing events.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A college degree in Academics, HR, Career Coaching or any other related field is preferred.
- Previous work experience in recruiting and career coaching within healthcare and community workers is preferred.
- Knowledge about the labor market in Calgary.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Previous experience with post-secondary institutions preferred.
Only Selected candidates would be considered for an Interview. No Walk-in or direct phone calls are allowed.